RPG DREAMS
Would you like to log in?
If you are not a member you can't see any of our hidden scripts, resources, and great games!
Click the register button to become a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RPG DREAMS
Would you like to log in?
If you are not a member you can't see any of our hidden scripts, resources, and great games!
Click the register button to become a member!
RPG DREAMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rise of RPG Dreams

4 posters

Go down

The rise of RPG Dreams Empty The rise of RPG Dreams

Post by praygon 28th July 2011, 12:15 pm

So i had an awesome idea last night for a new project. I haven't been able to think up a new project for a while now and my old projects went when my last PC blew up and i haven't really has the motivation yet to start a new one when it came to me while playing final fantasy tactics "This would be awesome if it had people i knew in it".

Mechanics/Gameplay

So thats what im proposing a Parody of ff tactics but instead of being based in ivilance its based inside the Internet after every PC user in the world gets sucked into a virtual world. The story would be about rpg dreams trying to climb the ranks and become the most popular site in the world (sort of like the clan system from ff tactics Advanced) the clan would originally start with say just light and strawberry cat and then the rest of the members of this site would join as you go along. For the battle engine i was thinking of using GubiD's Tactical Battle System now iv never used this system before and i need feedback from you guys is it the best one out there for this sort of thing?

Storyline

In 2011 the piracy and Internet protection battles between anonymous and the forces of copyright protection had become intense and no one side was budging it was in this chaotic time that a new faction arouse formed by some the worlds greatest hackers know as new anonymous who fought against both sides. The online war went on for months intill all the worlds computers at once showed a foreboding message "We do not forget" with that the earth fell silent as every single person in the world was pulled into a digital reality where a literal war could be waged.

Inbetween this chaos a small rpg maker community becomes intertwined in the struggle and seeks to use this opportunity to raise in the ranks discovering the dark history to new anonymous and pissing off allot of other sites(clans) as they go.

Factions

Spoiler:

The Team/Classes

Spoiler:

So thats all so far ill update this topic as i go so do you guys think this would be a good idea? id use the community sprites for us and the rest i can make easily if any one wants to help out i could really do with the following.

A Mapper
- -
A Spriter
- -
A graphics designer (this one espicaly i really need someone who can do faces ill be your best freaind forever if you do this one HUGS!!! )
- -
Beta testers
- -

Project Progress

Story: 70%
Scripts: 80%
Maps: 5%
Sprites: 5%
Facesets: 5%
Database: 50%

Also if you guys have any requests on what you want your class/moves to be feel free to request them here Smile

Last edited by praygon on 2nd August 2011, 7:44 pm; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated factions)
praygon
praygon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

The rise of RPG Dreams Empty Re: The rise of RPG Dreams

Post by Light 28th July 2011, 5:38 pm

XD I like the idea lol
lets piss others off!
Light
Light
Admin
Admin

http://www.rpgdreams.org

Back to top Go down

Post by praygon 28th July 2011, 6:58 pm

Ahmen light XD i espicaly cant wait to take a shot at PINE the guys a douche. But that aside i was thinking how should i map it iv never made a tactical rpg before and i was wondering does any one know if its possible to re create the 3D like battle feilds from ff tactics useing rpg maker?
praygon
praygon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arco 29th July 2011, 4:52 pm

Yes. But you need to have tilesets like that. Then all Base maps, maps for the events, ect.

But still, good idea.
[s]I want to be a random freelancer at the start[/s]
Arco
Arco
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

The rise of RPG Dreams Empty The team/classes

Post by praygon 29th July 2011, 8:34 pm

Humm iv done some reading up about it and i think rpg makers just going to be a pain to get a 3d battlefield on so im gonna go for the fire emblem style topdown 2d battle field.

And will do arco Very Happy iv already done the database so i figured i might as well post the list of whose in it and what classes theve got/can develop into (note magic is basically called hacking in this so the term hack or hacking replaces the term magic).
The Team/Classes

Spoiler:

Other members of the forum show up but they only get minor roles and serve as filler im afraid but if your names not on the list and you want to be worked in to it let me know and ill give you a bigger role Very Happy also note there are more classes and secret characters and guests but i dont whanna give away everything Razz

P.S. if you want to request your own unique class let me know just rember i have to keep it balanced so no classes like god XD.

Last edited by praygon on 30th July 2011, 9:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammer check..man my spelling sucks)
praygon
praygon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Light 29th July 2011, 11:23 pm

I would like to have
Light Knight Class
Light
Light
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by praygon 30th July 2011, 9:09 am

Will do light Smile what kind of skills do you want to have are we talking say a pure attacker or a paladin/dark knight/spellsword type.
praygon
praygon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Light 30th July 2011, 12:10 pm

well its like a dark sword knight but Light lol and mostly Light and fire attacks
Light
Light
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by praygon 30th July 2011, 12:18 pm

Dark but light humm so a knight that uses dark swords but uses light magic thats cool kind of like a ying & yang ill start makeing it now.
praygon
praygon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arco 30th July 2011, 1:14 pm

SA - Noob
NC - Can I choose? If so, Designer
NC2 (Final Class?) - Rune Knight (A Knight who can use Magic)
Arco
Arco
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NotteEterna 31st July 2011, 4:51 am

Didn't read it all, but I like it. Very Happy (And I better be epic)
NotteEterna
NotteEterna
Dev Mod
Dev Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by praygon 31st July 2011, 8:03 pm

Thank you for giveing it a look see notte Very Happy and indeed you shall be your unique class rides on the back of that huge dragon ass dragon you made
praygon
praygon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arco 1st August 2011, 8:56 am

Creative Corner (My site)Will help chu!

And maybe OmegaDev as an enemy?
Arco
Arco
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by praygon 1st August 2011, 11:59 am

Done and done arco Creative Corner and omegaDev had been added iv made creative corner a paladin team so lots of white mages and healers there the only team other than rpg dreams you'rll get to directly control and OmegaDev had been made into kind of a ninja assasin Clan.

P.S arco who do you want as part of the creative corner clan ill need about 7 names (8 members per fight)

Last edited by praygon on 1st August 2011, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added P.S. to arco)
praygon
praygon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Light 1st August 2011, 5:42 pm

Arco watch the advertising plz that does not look good for us...if you want to advertise do it the right way and advertise us too.

Anyway so many projects right now Very Happy
Light
Light
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by praygon 2nd August 2011, 1:01 pm

Progress is going well and iv got a few days off soon so hopefuly ill have a demo out before the end of the week Very Happy
praygon
praygon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by NotteEterna 2nd August 2011, 3:27 pm

I'm only mod, but I would gladly invite RPGCafe to the fight to ally Dreams. Very Happy
NotteEterna
NotteEterna
Dev Mod
Dev Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by praygon 2nd August 2011, 7:38 pm

Then an alliance shall be forged Very Happy our three great site shall battle the forces of rpgvx,omega dev and new annon
praygon
praygon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down