RPG DREAMS
Would you like to log in?
If you are not a member you can't see any of our hidden scripts, resources, and great games!
Click the register button to become a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RPG DREAMS
Would you like to log in?
If you are not a member you can't see any of our hidden scripts, resources, and great games!
Click the register button to become a member!
RPG DREAMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Nintendo fan friendly?

5 posters

Go down

Is Nintendo fan friendly? Empty Is Nintendo fan friendly?

Post by Rose Guardian 25th June 2011, 7:21 pm

Hi, I have an idea in mind for a RPG Maker game called Star Kingdoms in the future. The game has an original main character, original supporting characters and original enemies. The game is like Kingdom Hearts but it has the nintendo characters in it istead of the Desiny characters. The only thing that concerns me is Nintendo fan friendly with their resources? Like can I use their Mario and Luigi charactersets and their Zelda stuff? I really don't want to get in trouble with the law. So please let me know if this project is good idea?
Rose Guardian
Rose Guardian

Back to top Go down

Is Nintendo fan friendly? Empty Re: Is Nintendo fan friendly?

Post by Strawberrycat 25th June 2011, 7:34 pm

well there are several companies that are fan friendly (as long as you give proper credits to the right companies). However Capcom is not fan friendly! You must be very wary about them. The pokemon company is very fan friendly, I have seen several pokemon fan games on the internet and played several as well. I have noticed that all of them give credits to the original pokemon creator for his mad skillz, as well as his company to avoid copyright infringement.

I believe that as long as you provide the proper credits and do the right research. You will be fine.
Strawberrycat
Strawberrycat

Back to top Go down

Post by NotteEterna 25th June 2011, 7:40 pm

I am not certain about it, but i would say yes. Off-site I am helping a project called Super Smash Bros. Heros.
NotteEterna
NotteEterna
Dev Mod
Dev Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Light 25th June 2011, 8:22 pm

It will be fine as long as you don't claim its yours and give credit where its due Smile

im not sure about mixing worlds because zelda and mario are two different worlds and art styles.

But look at the Smash Bros franchise They use one art style for all those characters which would be the the more life-like zelda style...
So it will be ok as long as you don't really really missmatch the styles.

BTW
the gamemaker website has some great sprites, and animations, I went to school for game design and we started off using gamemaker, then we went to Unreal engine...
Light
Light
Admin
Admin

http://www.rpgdreams.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Guardian 25th June 2011, 9:07 pm

Thank you I will make sure I give credit. The game actually has the kirby world, the Metriod world, the Donkey King World, the Pokemon World the Fire Emblem World and many other nintendo worlds. It's like Kingdom Hearts with an original character, supporting characters, and enemies. What you have to do in the game is restore the stars to each world and oh you have Mario and Luigi in the party with the main character. I should be able to release a demo soon but I am having trouble with paramaps right now because it is being made in RMVX for more options.
Rose Guardian
Rose Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by NotteEterna 25th June 2011, 9:12 pm

trouble with what? . . . I dont understand . . . I need RMVX again Y__Y
NotteEterna
NotteEterna
Dev Mod
Dev Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Guardian 26th June 2011, 10:32 am

I am using para backs for some of the maps and they keep scrolling and things on them like the blockable areas move around. I am doing this because I cannot really make all the worlds with the tile sets and I do not want to use RMXP.
Rose Guardian
Rose Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by NotteEterna 26th June 2011, 9:14 pm

there is always that tilechanger but alright. I think there is a way to make them stay still...but i dont have my RMVX anymore so...yeah...
NotteEterna
NotteEterna
Dev Mod
Dev Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Arco 30th June 2011, 7:55 am

You mean TileSwapXT?

Problem is you need to map each map in the tilesets to get the map right, which is annoying.
Arco
Arco
Epic Member
Epic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum