RPG DREAMS
Would you like to log in?
If you are not a member you can't see any of our hidden scripts, resources, and great games!
Click the register button to become a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

RPG DREAMS
Would you like to log in?
If you are not a member you can't see any of our hidden scripts, resources, and great games!
Click the register button to become a member!
RPG DREAMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you like & dislike in Rpgs

5 posters

Go down

What do you like & dislike in Rpgs Empty What do you like & dislike in Rpgs

Post by praygon 4th August 2011, 12:59 pm

So of cource the vast majority of us are game makers of the rpg type here and iv had a thourght what actaly makes an rpg enjoyable or painful to play? iv got my opnions on both but i whanna hear yours what features would you want to see in a rpg and what ones could you happily throw into a super nova of doom and never see again.

This goes for plot devices and storyline to let us know what you guys love or hate in rpg games it will really help us make better games.
praygon
praygon
Sponsor
Sponsor

Back to top Go down

What do you like & dislike in Rpgs Empty Re: What do you like & dislike in Rpgs

Post by Light 4th August 2011, 3:27 pm

it gets really old when everyone uses a teen as a main character or someone young its like the biggest cliche ever....
Light
Light
Admin
Admin

http://www.rpgdreams.org

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseReveries 4th August 2011, 3:35 pm

Likes:: character development, don't as me why, but I really love characters~
I also love to see a well developed storyline. I don't care if a game is really "cliche" as long as it's gone about properly.
The last thing I can think of right now is logic. I could go on forever about this, but basically I mean the stuff in your game has to make some form of sense, unless it's some trippy non-sensual game *cough cough YUME NIKKI*, ex I don't care if your hero saves the world when he's 12 years old, as long as it makes sense for some one like him to do so.

Dislikes:: RTP music OTL I just can't stand it for some reason D: I don't mind if it's mixed in with some other stuff, but otherwise it's just annoying...
no character development is also a major dislike for me D: I don't like static cardboard cut out heroes who have no reasons for being all hero-ey and stuff^^;

I'll probably think of more stuff later...
RoseReveries
RoseReveries
Resource Mod
Resource Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Guardian 4th August 2011, 7:54 pm

Like: Characters that are well developed. Well thought out story lines. Customized stuff. I would like see weapon and armor upgrade systems, so that you do not have to buy new weapons and armor all of the time.

Dislike: Default battle systems! I really do not like it when people use the default battle system in their game because there are plenty of battle systems out there for public use. I really do not like if you have to solve a puzzle and if it you get it wrong you enter an unwanted battle with a monster. I HATE it when RPGs have that. Also I do not like it when people use only the default RTP graphics for their game. It's okay to mix them with other graphics as long as there are some custom ones. I did use RTP graphics only in my game Sacred Fire but that was because it was like Fire Emblem and I changed that for the next demo. So never ever use only default RTP graphics in your games.
Rose Guardian
Rose Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuuki 5th August 2011, 7:06 am

i like the story,chara
i realy dislike random battles if you must fight after each litle movement you do
Yuuki
Yuuki
New Face
New Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down